Upcoming Undergraduate Deadlines:
- Spring Break Proposals w/ Domestic or Int'l Travel: February 22, 2019
- Academic Year & Summer Grants: March 18, 2019 (midnight)
ISLA supports and promotes the research and creative endeavors of current University of Notre Dame undergraduates and graduate students through its Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) and Graduate Student Research Opportunity Program (GROP).
These programs offer a variety of academic year and summer funding opportunities. Some grants focus on supporting scholarship on particular themes and topics, while others are dedicated to supporting general scholarly and creative endeavors. All of the grants are to be used to support student-initiated rather than classroom projects. Only the funded student may use the award to carry out the project.
Undergraduate proposals are accepted on a rolling basis from the beginning of the fall semester until after Spring Break. Proposals requesting funds for international travel during breaks must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the applicant's planned departure date. Seniors anticipating a May graduation must submit requests for funding no later than the second week of classes of the spring semester. Exceptions to this deadline are possible for seniors requesting Conference Presentation Grants who have received notice of the acceptance of their poster or paper after the January deadline.
For Undergraduate Students
The Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) offers an array of grants for undergraduate students.
- Conference Presentation Grant
- Research & Materials Grant
- Senior Thesis Grant
- Comprehensive Summer Grant
- American Dream Summer Grant
- Da Vinci Summer Grant
- Dianna M. Sciola Academic Year and Summer Grant
- Social Justice in the Marketplace
For Graduate Students
The Graduate Student Research Opportunity Program (GROP) offers the following grants. Please note: those seeking funding for conferences, classes and workshops must apply for Graduate Student Professional Development Awards (administered by the Graduate School)
- Graduate Student Research Awards (GSRA) - October 15, 2018 & March 8, 2019
- American Dream Summer Grants - March 18, 2019
- Diana M. Sciola Academic Year and Summer Grants - March 18, 2019