ISLA supports and promotes the research and creative endeavors of current University of Notre Dame, College of Arts and Letters undergraduates and graduate students (those enrolled in PhD, DMA, and MFA programs) through its Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) and Graduate Student Research Opportunity Program (GROP).
These programs offer a variety of academic year and summer funding opportunities. Some grants focus on supporting scholarship on particular themes and topics, while others are dedicated to supporting general scholarly and creative endeavors. All of the grants are to be used to support student-initiated projects. Only the funded student may use the award to carry out the project.
Undergraduate proposals are accepted on a rolling basis from the beginning of the fall semester until March 19, 2021. While travel is currently prohibited due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have a provisional travel policy for undergraduates and graduate students.
Questions regarding University policies on domestic or international student travel should be directed to here.nd.edu.
For Undergraduate Students
The Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) offers an array of grants for undergraduate students.
- Conference Presentation Grant (remote only)
- Research & Materials Grant
- Senior Thesis Grant
- Summer Comprehensive Grant - Deadline April 9, 2021
- American Dream Summer Grant - Deadline April 9, 2021
- Da Vinci Summer Grant - Deadline April 9, 2021
- Dianna M. Sciola Academic Year and Summer Grant
For Graduate Students
The Graduate Student Research Opportunity Program (GROP) offers the following grants. Please note: those seeking funding for conferences, classes and workshops must apply for Graduate Student Professional Development Awards (administered by the Graduate School)
- Graduate Student Research Awards (GSRA) - March 12, 2021
- American Dream Summer Grants - April 9, 2021
- Diana M. Sciola Academic Year and Summer Grants