Kennedy Scholars Fellowship
Available to Undergraduate Students
Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Specific deadlines apply to projects involving travel (see details).
Funding Amount: Up to $5,000
RestrictionsOnly available to students who successfully completed the London Global Gateway's Kennedy Scholars Seminar
The Kennedy Scholars Fellowship supports senior thesis research projects from students who participated in the London Global Gateway's Kennedy Scholars Seminar, with the goal of supporting them in further research and exploration after their semester in London has ended and they have had additional time to further develop their senior theses. Proposals are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis; proposals that include travel have specific deadlines (see below).
Possible uses of these grant funds might include:
- Travel (regardless of destination) in order to conduct library, archival, experiential or interview-based research.
- For travel in May/June 2022: Applications must be received by 9am EST Thursday March 17, 2022
- For travel in July/August 2022: Applications must be received by 9am EST Thursday May 12, 2022
- For travel during Fall Breakt 2022: Applications must be received by 9am EST Thursday September 8, 2022
- For travel during Winter Break 2022-23: Applications must be received by 9am EST Thursday October 27, 2022
- For travel during Spring Break 2023: Applications must be received by 9am EST Thursday January 26, 2023
- Research resources not available through the Hesburgh Library or the University’s ILL services, including books, data-sets, journals, or reproduction costs necessary to access archive materials not otherwise accessible.
- Research services such as translation, or access to an online tool or service, where no tool or service provided by the University meets the research need.
- Equipment hire, where the necessary equipment is not available from the University. The purchase of small items of equipment may be considered where hire is not available.
Timing: Academic Year, Summer