Whether this is your first time organizing a meeting, or you have hosted dozens of these events, our goal is to ease the burden of planning an conference so that you can relax and focus on the content of your program. ISLA's academic conference services are available to faculty in the College of Arts and Letters for off-campus events that exceed a total budget of $10,000.
Opportunities are available for faculty to host meetings at Notre Dame's Global Gateways: London, Dublin, Rome, Tantur (Jerusalem), and other overseas centers.
As soon as you consider hosting a conference or scholarly meeting, please contact Kristen Garvin-Podell in the Academic Conferences Office. It’s never too early to start planning. The benefits of using the services of academic conference planning include:
- Develop customized event budget
- Discuss funding opportunities
- Administer budget and pay all event expenses
- Process speaker reimbursement and honoraria
- Provide final event summary of all financial transactions
- Identify facilities, conduct site visits, and manage contracts
- Negotiate hotel rates and coordinate room blocks
- Handle speaker arrangements (transportation, compensation, travel, and presentation logistics)
- Work with event exhibitors and sponsors
- Coordinate all refreshment breaks, receptions, banquets, lunches, and dinners
- Coordinate all A/V needs
Registration and Advertising
- Manage registrations (paid or inclusive)
- Compile participant reports, including e-mail lists
- Develop, print, and assemble all participant materials (nametags, confirmations, invoices, and handouts)
- Advise and coordinate poster and program needs, as well as any publicity
- Provide on-site support, including special requests or guest needs, throughout the duration of the conference or meeting
- Check in with hotels, meeting space, and caterers on-site to ensure a successful and seamless experience
Please Note: a 5% conference administration fee will be added to all conference budgets to help cover the many services ISLA's professional academic conference staff provides.
For more information contact Kristen Garvin-Podell (631-7291). The academic conferences office is in 356 O'Shaughnessy Hall.