International Conference Grants
Deadline: Submissions must be completed one month in advance of the conference. No post awards will be given.
Funding Amount: Funding Amount: Up to $1,000
Partial support is available to faculty members who present a paper or poster at a professionally organized conference located outside of the United States. The conference must be a society conference or a conference sponsored by a professional organization. Typically these organizations have an annual meeting, membership, registration fees, call for papers, peer review of submissions, and so forth.
Submissions must be completed at least one month in advance of the conference. No post awards will be given.
This award does not cover:
- Invited lectures
- Working groups
- Ad hoc conferences
- Time-limited organizations
- Informal gatherings of scholars
To apply, please submit a proposal through ISLA's web portal with the following:
- Information about the conference’s significance (provide link to the conference website)
- Synopsis of the presentation (conference abstract is sufficient)
- Documentation or confirmation of an accepted paper/presentation
- Travel budget with an explanation of budget items (awards will not exceed $1,000)
- Applicant's CV
Requirements for Reimbursement
- In order to transfer your award funds successfully, ISLA will need your discretionary account number.
- Following the conference, ISLA requires a copy of your completed TravelND expense report as well as a one-page written account of the event and its significance to your research (send an electronic copy to Stephanie Hasse or drop off a hard copy at ISLA's office, 356A O'Shaughnessy Hall)
- ISLA will not be responsible for canceled ticket fees or any charges due to changes in travel plans.
- If a conference trip is not taken due to an emergency, all unused award money must be returned to ISLA.
Faculty are limited to one award for travel to an international conference per academic year.