Kennedy Scholars Fellowship
The Kennedy Scholars Fellowship supports senior thesis research projects from students who participated in the London Global Gateway's Kennedy Scholars Seminar, with the goal of supporting them in further research and exploration after their semester in London has ended and they have had additional time to further develop their senior theses. Proposals are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
Possible uses of these grant funds might include:
- Travel (regardless of destination) in order to conduct library, archival, experiential or interview-based research.
- (In the scenario where the University’s Travel Policy permits travel on University business, and the proposed student travel meets all appropriate health and safety measures, this may include costs related to government mandated quarantine, isolation, or testing required by the destination country or region.)
- Research resources not available through the Hesburgh Library or the University’s ILL services, including books, data-sets, journals, or reproduction costs necessary to access archive materials not otherwise accessible.
- Research services such as translation, or access to an online tool or service, where no tool or service provided by the University meets the research need.
- Equipment hire, where the necessary equipment is not available from the University. The purchase of small items of equipment may be considered where hire is not available.
Deadlines are as follows for all proposals that include travel:
- For travel during August 2021, applications can be submitted as late as 9am EST on Thursday 3rd June 2021
- For travel during Fall Break 2021, applications can be submitted as late as 9am EST on Thursday 2nd September, 2021.
- For travel during Winter Break 2021, applications can be submitted as late as 9am EST on Thursday 28th October, 2021.
- For travel during Spring Break 2022, applications can be submitted as late as 9am EST on Thursday 9th December, 2021.