Small Research Grants
Proposals accepted at any time except from June 1 to July 31
Small Grants for Research and Creative Work (up to $2,500)
This grant category is for proposals from regular faculty for research travel, undergraduate summer student research assistance, research materials, artistic creation, and other costs of carrying out research and creative work in the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
Small Grants for Research and Creative Works cannot be used to cover:
- Domestic or international conference expenses
- Funds to upgrade Campus Workstation Program (CWP) computers
- Equipment; Notre Dame Research has a yearly competition for equipment purchase and replacement
- Electronic devices such as cameras, recorders, laptops/computers
- Travel to domestic or international conferences
- Salary for course buyout or summer salary for faculty
- Publication Costs; Please see our Publication page
To apply, please submit a proposal through ISLA's web portal with the following:
- Brief proposal
- Abbreviated CV (2 pages)
- Budget with detailed explanation of budget items
- In addition to the support requested from ISLA, list all other sources, the amount requested from those sources, and contact information for those sources (name, email address, phone number)
Please take all review criteria into account when constructing your proposal.
- Intellectual and methodological quality of the proposal
- Significance of the issue to be studied within the applicant's discipline and/or related disciplines
- Qualifications and track record (based on rank) of the applicant
- Likelihood that the project will be successful
- The prospect that the project might lead to external funding in the future
Faculty are limited to one Small Grant for Research or Creative Work per academic year.