Proposals accepted at any time except between June 1 and July 31.
Seng Foundation Program for Market-Based Programs and Catholic Values (up to $2,500)
The Seng Program supports scholarly projects that utilize market-based principles to promote sound economic growth and movement toward a more just society. Applicants may apply for $1,000 or up to a maximum of $2,500.
Proposals are accepted for research travel, undergraduate summer student research assistance, research materials, and other costs of carrying out research.
Seng Funds cannot be used to cover:
- Funds to upgrade Campus Workstation Program (CWP) computers
- Equipment; Notre Dame Research has a yearly competition for equipment purchase and replacement
- Electronic devices such as cameras, recorders, laptops/computers
- Travel to domestic or international conferences
- Salary for course buyout or summer salary for faculty
- Graduate student support
To apply, please submit a proposal through ISLA web portal with the following:
- Brief proposal
- Abbreviated CV (2 pages)
- Budget with detailed explanation of budget items
- In addition to the support requested from ISLA, list all other sources, the amount requested from those sources, and contact information for those sources (name, email address, phone number)
Please take all review criteria into account when constructing your proposal.
- Intellectual and methodological quality of the proposal
- Significance of the issue to be studied within the applicant's discipline and/or related disciplines
- Qualifications and track record (based on rank) of the applicant
- Likelihood that the project will be successful
- The prospect that the project might lead to external funding in the future
ISLA encourages faculty to use the services of the Center for Social Research, which provides support for improving the quality and efficiency of social research. CSR’s staff specialize in statistical analysis, survey design and implementation, and data acquisition and management. For more information, visit the CSR website or contact Managing Director, Kate E. Mueller by email or at (574) 631-6166.