Experienced professionals can provide assistance in all phases of the planning and implementation of your event.
Whether this is your first time organizing a meeting, or you have hosted dozens of these events, our goal is to ease the burden of planning a conference so that you can relax and focus on the content of your program. ISLA's academic conference services are available to faculty in the College of Arts and Letters for events that exceed a total budget of $10,000.
While the Notre Dame Conference Center (McKenna Hall) is a natural site for most conferences, other campus venues are available for academic conferences. Opportunities are also available for faculty to host meetings at Notre Dame's Global Gateways: London, Dublin, Rome, Tantur (Jerusalem), and other overseas sites.
As soon as you consider hosting a conference or scholarly meeting, please contact Lauri Roberts or Kristen Garvin-Podell in the Academic Conferences Office. It’s never too early to start planning. The benefits of using the services of academic conference planning include:
- Develop customized event budget and set registration fees
- Administer budget and pay all event expenses
- Process participant refunds as specified by the program
- Provide final event summary of all financial transactions
- Identify facilities, conduct site visits, and manage contracts
- Negotiate hotel rates and coordinate room blocks
- Handle speaker arrangements (transportation, compensation, travel, and presentation logistics)
- Work with event exhibitors and sponsors
- Administer refreshment breaks
- Coordinate all receptions, banquets, lunches, and dinners
- Manage online, fax, mail, e-mail, and in-person registrations
- Compile participant reports, including e-mail lists
- Develop, print, and assemble all participant materials (nametags, confirmations, invoices, and handouts)
Please Note: a 5% conference administration fee will be added to all conference budgets to help cover the many services ISLA's professional academic conference staff provides.