ISLA supports and promotes the research and creative endeavors of current University of Notre Dame undergraduates and graduate students through its Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) and Graduate Student Research Opportunity Program (GROP).
These programs offer a variety of academic year and summer funding opportunities. Some grants focus on supporting scholarship on particular themes and topics, while others are dedicated to supporting general scholarly and creative endeavors.
Undergraduate proposals are accepted on a rolling basis from the beginning of the fall semester until March 19, 2018. Proposals requesting funds for international travel during breaks must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the applicant's planned departure date. Seniors anticipating a May graduation must submit requests for funding no later than the second week of classes of the spring semester. Exceptions to this deadline are possible for seniors requesting Conference Presentation Grants who have received notice of the acceptance of their poster or paper after the January deadline.
For Undergraduate Students
Deadlines: Projects involving int’l travel over spring break: Feb. 23, 2018
Academic year and summer grants: March 19, 2018
The Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) offers an array of grants for undergraduate students.
- Conference Presentation Grant
- Research & Materials Grant
- Senior Thesis Grant
- Comprehensive Summer Grant
- American Dream Summer Grant
- Da Vinci Summer Grant
- Dianna M. Sciola Academic Year and Summer Grant
- Social Justice in the Marketplace
For Graduate Students
The Graduate Student Research Opportunity Program (GROP) offers the following grants.
- Graduate Student Research Awards (GSRA) - Deadline March 9, 2018
- American Dream Summer Grants - Deadline March 19, 2018
- Diana M. Sciola Academic Year and Summer Grants - Deadline March 19, 2018
- Graduate Student Professional Development Awards (administered by the Graduate School)