The University of Notre Dame has received a $1.6 million grant from Lilly Endowment Inc. to support the Sacred Music at Notre Dame (SMND) program and its transformative work with graduate students and the community. This is the program’s second grant from the Lilly Endowment — a private, philanthropic foundation that supports the causes of religion, education, and community development — following a $1.9 million grant in 2012 that helped launch SMND.
News & Events
The University of Notre Dame has received $138.1 million in research funding for fiscal year (FY) 2017, surpassing the previous record of $133.7 million set in FY 2015. Approximately 57.8 percent of the research awards came from federal funding, while 26.9 percent came from foundations or other sponsors, and 15.3 percent came from industry.
Can humans truly attain an accurate, objective view of reality? Or is our perspective inescapably colored by who we are and what we’ve experienced? Philosopher Sean Kelsey asserts that this problem is central to Aristotle’s text De Anima — and that Aristotle argued we can, a point his predecessors had tried and failed to make.
Although working-age adult refugees who enter the United States often initially rely on public assistance programs, a study by researchers at the University of Notre Dame indicates that the long-term economic benefit of admitting refugees outweighs the initial costs. The study, published as a National Bureau of Economic Research working paper this week, was conducted by William Evans, Keough-Hesburgh Professor of Economics, and Daniel Fitzgerald, undergraduate research assistant at Notre Dame’s Wilson Sheehan Lab for Economic Opportunities.
Friday, February 9, 2018
Join the Nanovic Institute for a lunch and learn session on undergraduate grant opportunities. Open to all undergraduate students. Lunch is available while supplies last.
Originally published at nanovic.nd.edu.…
Friday, March 9, 2018
- GSRA's are grants made to graduate students in the humanities and social sciences. GSRA's assist graduate students with expenses related to their research that their departments are unable to meet. Qualifying expenses include those associated with conducting research in the applicant’s field of study and/or doctoral dissertation. …
Monday, March 19, 2018
- Academic Year UROP Applications (undergrad)
- UROP Summer Applications (undergrad)
- DaVinci UROP Applications (undergrad)
- American Dream Summer Research Grants (undergrad/grad) …