The Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP)
The Institute for Scholarship in the Liberal Arts supports and promotes the research and creative endeavors of current University of Notre Dame undergraduates through its Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP), which offers a variety of academic year grants, as well as grants for summer research.
UROP Academic Year Funding
Academic year grants enhance undergraduate education by providing financial support to students who wish to engage in independent research, creative projects, or the presentation of their research at conferences
Please be advised that UROP does not support travel to countries for which the State Department has issued a travel warning. No one student may be awarded more than $7,000 total in ISLA grant money. Maximum awards for students with access to Glynn awards is $4,500.
- Deadlines for Academic Year Grants:
- UROP has rolling deadlines for many of its grant opportunities, starting from the beginning of the academic year until March 20, 2017. However, grant requests that involve travel (particularly overseas) over breaks must have all application materials turned in 10 business days before the first day of the break. Deadline for seniors graduating in May: January 20, 2017.
UROP Summer Funding
Summer grants provide students who major or minor in the College of Arts & Letters with funds for living expenses, travel, and/or materials support for a broad array of summer projects.
- UROP offers the following summer grants: Comprehensive Summer Grants, American Dream Summer Grants and Da Vinci Summer Grants.
- Deadline for: March 20, 2017
- Please visit our Summer Grants webpage for further details on eligibility and application requirements.