Prior to international travel, we ask that you take the following steps to help ensure your safety:
- Register with the U.S. State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). This is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. Citizens who are traveling abroad. STEP allows you to enter information about your upcoming trip so the State Department can better assist you in an emergency.
- Review the following International Travel Guide and Safety & Security Tips for U.S. Students Traveling Abroad.
- Know how to contact the Embassy or State Department and the University of Notre Dame in case of an emergency.
- Review the following Mobile Device Safety Article.
- Look over this Student Checklist for International Travelers. Although it is for undergraduate students, the checklist provides a lot of good information that can help you during your travels.
For more information, please review ND's Office of Risk Management's website on University Travel .