Travel to International Conferences
Grants are available to faculty members invited to present a paper or poster or chair a panel or symposium. Faculty members are limited to one award in this category per year. No post awards will be given.
To apply, please provide documentation of the invitation, any promises of publication, information about the conference’s significance, a letter or brief proposal (2 page max.), an abbreviated CV (2 pages) and a travel budget with explanation of budget items via email to ISLA Director, ISLAdire@nd.edu. In addition to the support you are requesting from ISLA, please list all other sources, the amount you are requesting from those sources, and contact information for those sources (name, email address, phone number). Applications are accepted at any time, except June 1 - July 31.
Guidelines for Travel Budget Proposal:
- The Institute will cover 100% of the round-trip international airfare up to $750, plus 50% of the remainder (cap at $1,250). If amount exceeds $1,250, contact the ISLA Director.
- The Institute will grant a maximum of $1,000 to cover other expenses (lodging, ground transportation, meals). Total expenses (that is, travel plus other expenses) cannot exceed $2,500.
- The Institute will also pay participant’s registration fee up to $250.
Guidelines for Receiving Reimbursement:
- The Institute requires a copy of travel itinerary showing destinations and travel dates along with evidence of payment as soon as flight arrangements have been completed.
- In order to transfer your award funds successfully, the Institute will need your discretionary account number.
- The Institute requires a copy of your completed TravelND expense report (send copy to Pat Base, email@example.com, or a copy may be dropped off at ISLA's office, 101 O'Shaughnessy Hall.)
- A one-page summary of your activities should be submitted to ISLA's Director, Tom Merluzzi, ISLAdire@nd.edu, upon your return.