Please make an appointment to discuss your event. Taking the first steps toward a successful event involves taking the following steps as soon as possible.
- Secure dates
- Book space
- Discuss funding options
- Create budget proposal
Please review the following list of questions before your first appointment.
- What will your meeting look like?
- What are the optimal spaces needed?
- Will your group be meeting entirely in plenary or general sessions?
- Or, will there be concurrent sessions or break-out groups? How many speakers and participants are international visitors?
- What is unique about your conference? (e.g., simultaneous translation, technical needs, scientific needs, book exhibits, poster sessions)
- What calendar pattern do you need?
- Are there special events within your discipline that need to be avoided? Or linked to?
- Does your scholarly association have policies in place that will impact your needs?
- Where and when did this group meet last?
- What kind of budgetary demands will there be and how is the meeting to be funded?
- Will it be entirely supported by registration fees?
- Is there outside funding available?
- Are there University funds already in place?
- What kind of assistance will you need in identifying budgetary resources for your meeting?
- Lauri Roberts, 631-1468
- Elizabeth Kuhn, 631-7291